As you browse GrafTech.com, our web servers may collect information about your visit. For example, to help us better serve you and improve our site, we may monitor statistics such as:
- How many people visit our site
- Which pages people visit on our site
- Which browsers people use to visit our site
GrafTech recognizes your need for reasonable control of personally identifiable information. The term “personally identifiable information” refers to any information associated with your name or identity. GrafTech uses this information to better understand your needs and to provide you with better service. To help us improve your experience on GrafTech.com, GrafTech might also track your use of our website.
If you are asked to give us personal information to receive information, we may use such personally identifiable information as we would use the same information obtained in a traditional non-electronic manner. Employees of GrafTech who receive and process such requests are responsible for safeguarding individual customer communications and information.
GrafTech obtains and uses personally identifiable information for business purposes only. If you voluntarily provide information, GrafTech may use that information to send you products, information, or services. In order to do this, we may when necessary share information with business partners, financial institutions, shipping companies, postal authorities, or government. GrafTech does not sell, trade, rent, or allow others to use your or information other than as noted above. GrafTech may disclose information to appropriate legal authorities in special cases when we believe in good faith that: (a) such disclosure is necessary to comply with the appropriate country law, (b) disclosure is permitted by law and/or required by court order, warrant or subpoena; (c) disclosure is requested by government officials with reasonable grounds to believe that the information is a communication of a computer trespasser; (d) disclosure is necessary to legally enforce the terms of this user agreement; or (e) disclosure is deemed necessary by GrafTech, in its sole discretion, to protect the safety, rights or property of GrafTech or any other person or entity.
GrafTech is an international company. As such this site has users from all over the world. Any information you give us through this site may be transmitted to servers outside the country where the information is entered, and may be used, stored, and processed outside the country where it was entered. GrafTech is not responsible for the handling of information by servers outside the United States.
- Accuracy. GrafTech strives to maintain the integrity of the data that you provide.
- Security. GrafTech is committed to ensuring the security of your information.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
- The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of GrafTech.com’s features.